Swapped at the Serious Eats Cookie Swap by TIffany Tay
Adapted from Sprouted Kitchen's Everything Cookies.
These recipes from our annual Serious Eats Cookie Swap are provided by Serious Eats staff, friends, and family as-is and have not been tested by our recipe team.
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Makes 24 cookies|
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup natural cane sugar
- 1/2 cup dark muscavado or dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (or hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat groats, toasted
Combine the butter and both sugars in a stand mixer and mix for three minutes.
Add the vanilla and egg and mix to combine, scraping the sides.
Add the gluten free flour (or rice flour if using), buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until dough just comes together.
Add the chocolate, oats, pecans and coconut. Mix until ingredients come together, dough will be sticky. Transfer the dough to a piece of parchment and roll into a tight log 16'' long and about 2'' in diameter. Refrigerate for one hour.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the cookie dough log into 1/2'-inch thick disks. Place the cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet, spaced 2-inches apart. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, you want them to look slightly underbaked. They get very crispy if overcooked, air on the side of undercooking.
The raw dough or baked cookies keep for 5 days.