Swapped by Christine Tsai.
Adapted from Lucy Jane's Best.
These recipes from our annual Serious Eats Cookie Swap are provided by Serious Eats staff, friends, and family. They have not been tested by our recipe team.
Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookies
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Makes about 2 1/2 dozen|
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small chunks
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided as described in recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chips in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt. Cool.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at medium with an electric mixer. Add dry ingredients, beating well. Add chocolate mixture, remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
Using medium cookie scoop, drop 1 inch apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.