Note: Beans can be blanched and chilled and dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 8 to 10
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- Kosher salt
- 2 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 whole anchovy filets, chopped into a paste
- 2 ounces finely grated parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced Pepperoncini, drained
- 2 medium shallots, finely sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Fill a large bowl with water and ice. Add beans to boiling water and cook until tender crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to ice bath until cool. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel and dry beans carefully (see note above). Set aside.
Combine mayonnaise, anchovies, parmesan, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add beans, pepperoncini, shallots, and pine nuts. Toss to combine, and serve.