Note: Gochujang is a mildly spicy and sweet Korean chili paste that can be found in most Asian markets.
This sauce is intended to go with this recipe for Korean Fried Chicken »
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:makes about 1/2 cup
- Active time: 10 minutse
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1/4 cup gochujang (see note above)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vineger
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Combine gochujang, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Gochujang can be inconsistent in its thickness. Add up to 2 tablespoons water until sauce is just barely thin enough to drop off a spoon with inverted. Serve with Korean Fried Chicken.