This afternoon pick-me up is a little less sweet than your regular milkshake, adding coffee into the mix—in the form of strong brewed coffee as well as coffee ice cream.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 2 servings|
|Active time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||4 Pumpkin Milkshake Recipes to Celebrate Fall|
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups coffee ice cream (about 6 medium scoops)
- Garnish: 6 whole coffee beans (optional)
Stir brown sugar into coffee to dissolve. Let cool.
Add coffee mixture, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to the jar of a blender. Add ice cream and pulse until smooth. Divide between serving glasses and garnish with a few coffee beans if desired.