This roasted sweet potato salad, adapted from Devon Delaney, is a welcome change from all those overly sweet holiday sweet potato recipes. Serve it warm as a side dish.
About the author: Jennifer Segal is the chef behind the popular food blog, Once Upon a Chef.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 6
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:40 minutes
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, cumin, and ginger directly on baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine vinegar, chutney, mustard, honey, garlic, and olive oil in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Let potatoes cool slightly, then toss them with the cranberries, scallions and chutney dressing. Transfer to serving platter and scatter almonds over top. Serve warm or room temperature.