A tribute to bar builders Allsorts Inc. and their liquid namesake, a hodgepodge of beer, this agave-based cocktail from Beloved in Greenpoint, Brooklyn mixes mezcal, tequila, pear eau de vie, and Velvet Falernum for a lightly citric baked-fruit flavor. It's grassy, sweet, fruity, plus a little bit spicy and sour all at once.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
Beloved's Allsorts Inc.
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 1 cocktail|
|Active time:||4 minutes|
|Total time:||4 minutes|
|Special equipment:||Shaker, strainer, rocks glass|
|This recipe appears in:||How to Make Beloved's Allsorts Inc. at Home|
- 1 ounce pear eau de vie such as Purkhart Pear Williams
- 3/4 ounce Del Maguey Vida mezcal
- 1/4 ounce blanco tequila
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 ounce John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
- 1/4 ounce St. Elizabeth allspice dram
- 3 dashes Regans' orange bitters
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pear eau de vie, mezcal, tequila, lemon juice, Velvet Falernum, allspice dram, and orange bitters. Shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
Strain into rocks glass filled with ice.