- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes, plus several hours for soaking the bean curd
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablepoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground white or black pepper
- 2 teaspoon ginger, grated with a microplane grater or minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 8 ounces dried beancurd, rehydrated in water
Combine soy sauce, honey, pepper, ginger, and pepper flakes in a medium bowl and set aside.
Place the rehydrated bean curd sticks in a pot and cover with water. Simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the water and let cool.
When you are ready to serve, pat the bean curd stick dry and cut into 2-inch segments. Place them on a baking sheet or skillet lined with foil. Brush the glaze onto the bean curd sticks. Place them under the broiler and cook until the tops are a little crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Check during the last minute to prevent scorching. Serve immediately.