About the author: Sydney Oland lives in Somerville MA with a few too many cats.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced scallions (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together crème fraiche and eggs. Set aside. Heat butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until foaming subsides then add onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add dill and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and add eggs. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until eggs begin to thicken and begin to look custardy, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and fold salmon into egg mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve eggs warm with optional garnish of dill, scallions, and lemon.