About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Makes about 1 cup
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
In a medium bowl, stir together blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mustard powder. Transfer to a an airtight container and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes for flavors to blend. Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to a week.