About the author: María del Mar Sacasa is a recipe developer, food stylist, and author of the food blogs High Heels & Frijoles and Cookin' and Shootin'.
Behind her girly façade lurks a truck driver's appetite. Read about her cravings and suffer through her rants on Twitter @HHandFrijoles and see her constant stream of food images on Instagram: mdmsacasa
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Makes 4 sandwiches
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 (5-inch long) pieces baguette, split in half
- 2 ounces paté
- 24 tater tots, cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed greens (such as arugula or baby kale)
In large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon mustard and vinegar. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add shallots and toss to coat.
Spread one side of each piece of baguette with remaining 2 tablespoons mustard. Divide paté into 4 portions and spread over the mustard. Whisk vinaigrette to recombine, then add greens and toss to coat. Divide greens among sandwiches and top with tater tots. Serve.