- Yield:Makes 24 oysters, serving 4 to 6
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:25 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 small shallots, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 quart loosely-packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 24 oysters, shucked
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Adjust rack to 6 inches below broiler element and preheat broiler to high.
Heat butter in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat, when butter has melted add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add white wine and baby spinach and cover with a lid. Let steam until spinach has wilted, about 4 minutes, then remove lid and stir until all liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes longer
Add cream and parmesan cheese to the spinach mixture, remove from heat and allow to cool. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide spinach mixture between shucked oysters (about 1 tablespoon per oyster) then top with breadcrumbs (about 1/2 teaspoon per oyster). Place oysters on roasting pan or sheet pan and place in preheated oven until breadcrumbs are brown, about 6 minutes. Serve immediately.