This recipe appears in:Dinner Tonight: Lamb Loin Chops with Greek Salad and Yogurt-Lemon Sauce
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh juice from about 1 lemon, divided
- 2 large tomatoes, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pits removed, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four lamb loin chops, 4 to 6 ounces each
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Add tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and olives, and toss until combined. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the yogurt, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir in the crumbled feta. If necessary, season with salt and pepper.
Season the lamb loin chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a 12-inch stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the chops. Cook without moving until brown crust develops, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until medium-rare, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer chops to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, divide the Greek salad between four plates, leaving as much of the liquid behind as possible. Add a lamb loin chop to each plate and drizzle with the yogurt-lemon sauce. Serve with more of the yogurt-lemon sauce.