This recipe appears in:Sauced: Israeli Salad
About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 English cucumber, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red pepper, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon za’atar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, mix together tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, onion, and parsley.
Add oil, lemon juice, and za’atar and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.