- Yield:serves 4 as an appetizer
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into 1/4-thin slices
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons water or stock
- 3 cubes red or white fermented bean curd
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large wok over high heat until smoking. Add the cauliflower and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Push to the sides and add garlic to center. Stir fry until golden, about 30 seconds. Toss garlic and cauliflower together.
Add the stock or water and cover the wok with a lid or plate. Let the liquid simmer until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Remove the lid and add the cubes of fermented bean curd. Break up the bean curd with a spatula and toss the cauliflower around to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.