Beloved's Rene Hidalgo uses St. Germain and Yellow Chartreuse in this refined riff on The Last Word cocktail.
Note: Keep as little white pith on your grapefruit as possible to avoid excessive bitterness.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 4 minutes
- Total time:4 minutes
- 3/4 ounce London Dry Gin, such as Beefeater
- 3/4 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- 3/4 ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice, from about 1 lime
- Grapefruit twist (about the size of a silver dollar, see note above)
- Garnish: Luxardo cherry
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add gin, Chartreuse, St. Germain, lime juice, and grapefruit twist and shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
Place cherry in chilled coupe glass. Double strain cocktail into glass and serve immediately.