This recipe appears in:Grilling: How to Make a Barbecue Rub
About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until homogenous. Transfer to an airtight container and use as needed.