- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 12 strips bacon, cut in half (thin bacon works best)
- 24 medium shrimp (24-31 per pound)
- 2 ounces apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 2 teaspoons juice from 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Place bacon on paper towel and microwave until fat begins to render but bacon is still soft, about 40 seconds, then allow to cool completely. Wrap a halved piece of bacon around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick, reserve.
Combine apricot preserve, horseradish, and lime juice, then taste for seasoning adding additional lime juice, horseradish, or salt if necessary. Set aside until ready to serve.
Heat vegetable oil in a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering, then add shrimp making sure not to overcrowd the pan (cook in batches if necessary). Cook until bacon is brown and crisp and shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Remove toothpicks and serve warm with dipping sauce.