Zucchini ribbons make a great alternative to pasta, especially in the summer. Topping them with fried eggs, pecorino shavings and slivered almonds makes for a fantastic and easy dinner for two.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 2
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 3 large zucchinis, cut into thin ribbons on a mandoline (about 6 cups)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions, light green parts only
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice from about 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shaved Pecorino-Romano
- 2 eggs
In a large serving bowl, combine zucchini ribbons, almonds, and scallions. Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over ribbons, toss to combine, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cheese shavings and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron or non-stick skillet over high heat until shimmering. Reduce heat to medium and add eggs and cook until whites are set and yolks are still runny. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and place on top of ribbons. Serve immediately.