Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Makes 1 8- by 4-inch loaf
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (about 1) grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350° F. Butter an 8- by 4-inch loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl combine vegetable oil, vanilla extract, zucchini and pineapple and mix with a wooded spoon until well combined.
Mix together wet and dry ingredients and scrape into prepared loaf pan. Bake until thin knife inserted into center of bread comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in loaf pan, then remove from pan and place on a rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.