This recipe appears in:How to Make Pok Pok's Hunny at Home
Grapefruit, tequila and lime get a honey-vinegar boost in this citrus-forward cocktail from Pok Pok Ny. Pok Pok's Alex Mirkin uses Sauza Gold as the base of this drink, but we like to substitute any 100% agave reposado tequila. For a smokier cocktail, try using mezcal instead.
Note: Som Honey drinking vinegar is available for purchase online and at retailers around the country, including all Pok Pok locations.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 1 1/2 ounces gold or reposado tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice from about 2 limes
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice, from 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 ounce Som Honey drinking vinegar (see note above)
- Garnish: grapefruit wedge
In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and Som drinking vinegar.
Fill shaker with ice and shake until well chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into chilled rocks glass. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit.