- Yield:serves 3 to 4
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed, and cut into 1 1/2-inch segments
- 1 cup baby eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 8 ounces lake trout or salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 8 basil leaves (preferably Thai), roughly chopped
- 1 lime
Without shaking the coconut milk can, remove the lid and spoon off a 1/4 cup of the thick cream on top. Transfer this to a 12-inch non-stick skillet, and turn the heat to medium-high. When the fat separates and liquid starts to sizzle, stir in the green curry paste and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the paste is very fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add the green beans and eggplant and stir well with the curry paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until coated in the curry paste and starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
Pour in the remaining coconut milk, stir to combine, and then bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer, and cook for seven minutes. Add the frozen peas and fish pieces, and continue cooking until they are almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Add fish sauce, chicken stock, and sugar and stir to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 1 minute longer. Remove from off the heat, add most of the Thai basil. Add lime juice to taste. Serve the curry in bowls with white rice on the side. Garnish with remaining Thai basil.