With cheese tortellini, grilled chicken, marinated artichoke hearts, and tangy sun-dried tomatoes, this salad is a meal unto itself—perfect for company for lunch or a potluck. Serve it at room temperature with the garlicky tomato-balsamic vinaigrette on the side.
About the author: Jennifer Segal is the chef behind the popular food blog, Once Upon a Chef.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
Tortellini, Chicken and Spinach Salad with Tomato-Balsamic Vinaigrette
About This Recipe
|Active time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Tortellini, Chicken and Spinach Salad with Tomato-Balsamic Vinaigrette|
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 medium cloves garlic, roughly chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Salad:
- 6 to 7 ounce bag baby spinach
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini, cooked and chilled
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced (or 2 cups cooked shredded chicken)
- 8 marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 8 marinated sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese (optional)
In a blender, combine the garlic, oregano, tomato paste and balsamic vinegar. Process until combined, then with the machine running, gradually add the olive oil to make an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combine spinach, tortellini, grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and feta. Dress to taste and toss to coat. Serve immediately.