Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for toast
- 8 ounces smoked trout or salmon, skin removed and meat flaked into bite-sized pieces
- 4 slices bread, toasted and buttered
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat; when butter has melted, add eggs and cook stirring often with a spatula.
Once eggs begin to thicken and come away from the pan, add smoked trout and gently incorporate into eggs. When eggs are still very soft, remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place each piece of toast on a plate then divide eggs over the toast; top with sliced scallions and serve immediately.