- Yield:makes about 2 dozen cookies
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:35 minutes
- 1/2 cup uncooked polenta
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest from about 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh juice from about 1 lemon
Adjust oven rack to upper and lower positions and preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together polenta, flour, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated. Stir in lemon juice and zest.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until lightly golden, about 18 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on pan then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.