This recipe appears in:Sauced: Italian Salsa Verde
About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 1 1/2 cups packed, roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated zest from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place parsley, olive oil, capers, anchovies, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and lemon zest in work bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until parsley is well chopped, about 10 1-second pulses, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a small bowl and use immediately.