On the surface, the idea of a tangy hot mayonnaise may not strike the mouthwatering response of its tomato-based brethren, but one taste and I'm sure you'll be sold.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:makes 4 cups
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:40 minutes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Place mayonnaise, vinegar, apple juice, horseradish, black pepper, lemon juice, salt, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes, then use immediately or transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.