This recipe appears in:Sauced: Alabama White Barbecue Sauce
About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Place mayonnaise, vinegar, apple juice, horseradish, black pepper, lemon juice, salt, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes, then use immediately or transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.