Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 small shallot, finely minced (about 1 tablespoon
- 1 jalapeño, serrano, or thai bird chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, bottom 4 inches only, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts diced watermelon (about 1/2-inch dice)
- 1 pound lychees or rambutans, peeled and flesh torn into rough chunks (about 1 1/2 cups lychee pieces)
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped basil leaves
Combine shallot, chili, lemongrass, honey, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle olive oil into bowl while whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
Combine watermelon, lychees, feta, and basil in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste with more salt as desired. Serve immediately.