- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable, canola, or peanut oil
- 10 ounces liver (poultry or pork), cut roughly into 2-inch segments
- 2 scallions, cut into 1-inch segments
- One 1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, wine, and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add the liver and stir-fry until the firm but interior is still very pink, 60 to 90 seconds. Remove the liver with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
Return wok to high heat. Add the scallions and ginger, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onions reduce heat to medium, and continue to stir-fry until the onions are soft and slightly caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
Return liver to wok and add sauce mixture. Stir-fry rapidly to prevent the cornstarch from clumping. Stir-fry the liver until the interior is still pink but no longer rare, about 20 seconds longer. Remove from heat and serve immediately.