Notes: To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Simple syrup will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 1
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 3 slices of cucumber, about 1/4-inch thick plus one for garnish
- 1/2 ounce fresh juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (see note above)
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, such as Hendrick's
- 1 to 2 ounces seltzer water
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cucumber slices with the lime juice and simple syrup until the cucumber has completely dissolved.
Fill the cocktail shaker with ice, add the gin and shake for about 10 seconds. Pour the cocktail through a mini strainer into a collins glass filled with ice. Top with seltzer water and garnish with a cucumber slice.