This recipe appears in:Chocoholic: No-Bake Crispy Corn Flake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Crunchy cornflakes add a crisp, crackly texture to the already awesome combo of chocolate and peanut butter. And what makes these bars even better? You don't have to turn on your oven to make them.
- A 9x9-inch pan can also be used.
- Bars will soften at room temperature. For best results, keep chilled until ready to serve.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 4 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, chopped and divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
Line 8- by 8-inch baking pan with foil. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add peanut butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt and continue to cook, stirring, until melted and smooth.
Stir in corn flakes, 1/4 cup peanuts, and vanilla until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top.
In heatproof bowl over pan of barely simmering water (or in microwave), heat chocolate until just melted. Spread over top. Sprinkle with remaining chopped peanuts. Chill until firm, about 2 hours. Remove from pan and cut into 2-inch squares.