Fresh cherries are lightly sweetened and baked under lots of hearty oats. Feel free to garnish with some creamy Greek yogurt.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 8
- Active time: 35 minutes (includes pitting cherries)
- Total time:1 hour 35 minutes
- 6 cups halved pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) flour
- 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, diced, plus more for greasing baking dish
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, toss together cherries and sugar until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, almonds, and salt. Use your fingers to rub butter into the mixture until it has the texture of wet sand. Spread oat mixture over top of cherries. Bake until golden, about 60 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve warm. Add a garnish of Greek yogurt, if desired.