I'll admit that olives are not a favorite of mine, but there's something about a good salty and briny tapenade that makes them so right to me.
- 1/2 pound pitted Kalamata olives, or other black olives
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place olives, anchovies, garlic, olive oil, capers, lemon juice, thyme, and mustard in the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until uniformly chopped into a thick paste, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.