This recipe appears in:Wake and Bake: Corn Flake Crumbles
These buttery, oaty breakfast crumbles get an unexpected crunch from corn flakes and sweetness from fruit preserves.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 3/4 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup old fashioned or rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (about 3 3/4 ounces) flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2- to 1/4-inch dice
- 6 tablespoons fruit preserves
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 6 muffin cups.
In a large bowl, mix together corn flakes, oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking powder until combined. Add butter to the bowl and rub in, using your fingers, until dough has the consistency of wet sand.
Fill muffin cups halfway with corn flake mixture, pressing down with your fingers. Add one tablespoon of fruit preserves to each cup, then top with remaining cornflake mixture. Press down to smooth. Bake crumbles until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely, then release from pan and serve.