This recipe appears in:Wake and Bake: Ultimate Tropical Granola
Coconut, macadamias, Brazil nuts, banana, mango, pineapple, papaya: this granola puts a ton of tropical flavors into one bowl.
note: If you can't find unsweetened coconut flakes, replace with 1/3 cup sweetened, shredded coconut.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- 1/3 cup chopped macadmia nuts
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried mango
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied tropical fruits (I used a mix of papya and pineapple)
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with a silipat sheet or parchment paper.
In a large bowl, add oats, banana chips, macadamia nuts, coconut flakes, Brazil nuts, dried mango, and pepitas. Toss to combine.
In a medium saucepan, combine coconut sugar, agave syrup, and olive oil over medium heat. Whisk until combined and sugar is almost dissolved. Whisk in salt and vanilla. Pour over oats.
Spread granola over baking sheet and bake, stirring once, until golden, 40 minutes. Let granola cool then stir in candied fruit.