This is a Girl Scout Cookie-inspired milkshake for grownups only, but you can leave out the booze if you want to make a version for kids. Head here for more Girl Scout Cookie-inspired milkshakes »
Note: Allow ice cream to soften at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping. We used Häagen-Dazs dulce de leche ice cream for this shake, but feel free to substitute other brands.
- Yield:makes 2 milkshakes
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
- 3 cups dulce de leche ice cream (18 ounces / about 6 medium scoops)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce dark rum, or more to taste
- Chocolate syrup for lining glass
- Garnish: whipped cream, shaved dark chocolate, additional toasted coconut
Toast coconut in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until just golden, around 10 minutes. Set aside.
Add ice cream, coconut milk, salt, and rum to a blender. Purée until smooth. Add 1/2 cup toasted coconut, pulse briefly to mix but do not purée.
Line serving glasses with chocolate syrup. Divide milkshake among serving glasses and top with whipped cream. Shave dark chocolate onto each milkshake. Garnish with toasted coconut and serve immediately.