About This Recipe
|Active time:||25 minutes|
|Total time:||25 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Sunday Brunch: Shrimp Ssam|
- 1 (2-inch) piece of ginger, finely chopped (about 4 teaspoons)
- 3 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 3 teaspoons)
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped divided (about 1 loosely packed cup)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (like sambal or sriracha)
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined medium raw shrimp
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- Kosher salt
Combine ginger, garlic, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and chili paste in a large dish. Toss shrimp in marinade and allow to stand for 15 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
Gently remove each leaf from the head of Bibb lettuce and arrange on a platter. Place remaining cilantro, limes and chopped scallions in small bowls.
When ready to eat heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When oil is shimmering add shrimp in single layer and cook until first side is pink and spotty, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip shrimp and cook until second side is pink and shrimp is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt. Place in a serving dish and serve passing along with lettuce, scallions, cilantro and limes so that everyone can make their own lettuce wrap.