Note: You can cook your own artichoke hearts or use frozen or canned artichoke hearts.
Adapted from Epicurious.
Shrimp Scampi with Artichokes
About This Recipe
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Dinner Tonight: Shrimp Scampi with Artichokes|
- 3/4 pounds capellini (angel-hair pasta)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw large shrimp
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 cooked artichoke hearts, sliced (see note above)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water before draining.
In a large (12-inch) skillet, heat the olive oil on high heat until just beginning to smoke. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes total. Transfer to a large serving bowl, leaving the oil in the pan behind.
Off heat, add the garlic, red pepper flakes, wine, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat until reduced by half. Add the butter and shrimp to the skillet and remove from the heat, tossing until the shrimp is warmed through and the butter is just melted. Sprinkle with parsley.
In the large serving bowl, toss together the shrimp and drained pasta. If necessary, add a little pasta cooking water to moisten it. Serve immediately.