Reprinted with permission from The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook by Judy Gelman and Peter Zheutlin. Copyright © 2012. Published by Smart Pop Books. Available wherever books are sold. All rights reserved.
Shrimp Curry Butter Canapés
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 30 canapÃ©s|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook's Shrimp Curry Butter Canapés|
- 1 pound small–medium shrimp, peeled (approximately 30 shrimp)
- Salt, for water and for sprinkling
- Juice ¼ lemon
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 30 Melba toast rounds
- Ground white pepper, for sprinkling
- 2 finely chopped chives, for sprinkling
Boil 2 cups water; add shrimp, salt, and lemon juice. Cook covered 3-5 minute, until shrimp are pink and cooked through Drain and chill.
In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, curry powder and coriander. Blend well; spread butter on toast and top with a shrimp. Sprinkle with salt, white pepper and chopped chives.