The title says it all: this is a smooth, sweet-tart sorbet that's perfect for summer. Or dinner.
Rich, Tart Lemon Sorbet
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 1 quart|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
|Special equipment:||ice cream machine|
|This recipe appears in:||Use Liquid Sugars Like Corn Syrup for Smoother, Less Icy Sorbet Scooped: Rich, Tart Lemon Sorbet|
- 1 cup fresh juice from 6 lemons, chilled
- 1 tablespoon zest from 1 to 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups water (preferably filtered or distilled bottled), chilled
- 2 cups light (clear) corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vodka or gin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Whisk all ingredients except salt together in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Add salt to taste. If water and lemon juice are not chilled, chill in refrigerator until cold.
Churn in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and chill in freezer until firm, 2 to 3 hours.