This recipe appears in:Serious Entertaining: Dinner For Two
The surprise in this creamy, tangy cheesecake is a layer of blueberries over a graham cracker crust.
About the author: Carrie Vasios is the Editor of Serious Eats Sweets and the Community Manager of Serious Eat. She writes the Wake and Bake, Cookie Monster, and Serious Entertaining columns. She likes perusing her large collection of cookbooks while eating jam from the jar. You can follow her on Twitter @carrievasios
- 1/2 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
In a small bowl, blend together crumbs and butter until combined. Divide mixture between two 8-ounce mugs and press into bottom with fingers. Place mugs in freezer and let chill for ten minutes.
In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and condensed milk until combined. Add lemon juice and vanilla and beat to incorporate.
Take mugs out of freezer and line bottom of each with blueberries. Cover blueberries with filling and smooth top with a knife.
Cover mugs and let rest in refrigerator for 3 hours, then serve.