This moist, buttery quick bread is flavored with key limes and poppy seeds then covered in a sweet-tart key lime glaze.
- Yield:serves 8 to 10
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed key lime juice, divided
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease loaf pan with 1 tablespoon butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed or in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat together remaining cup of butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla and 1/3 cup key lime juice until combined. Add flour mixture to bowl and beat until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smooth top, and bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
Whisk together confectioners sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons key lime juice, and key lime zest until smooth. Pour glaze over bread while warm.