- Yield:Makes 3 cups, or 3 half-pint jars
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 3 to 4 large lemons)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon No Sugar Needed Fruit Pectin
Combine cherries, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 2 cups of water in a heavy-bottomed, medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the cherries are tender, about 15 minutes.
Transfer cherry mixture and cooking liquid to a blender and puree until smooth. Return mixture to the saucepan and add honey, cinnamon, and pectin. Return mixture to a boil and cook at a rapid boil for one minute.
Remove saucepan from heat. Ladle cherry butter into hot, sterilized jars and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.