This recipe appears in:The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook's Canadian Clubhouse Punch
Reprinted with permission from The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook by Judy Gelman and Peter Zheutlin. Copyright © 2012. Published by Smart Pop Books. Available wherever books are sold. All rights reserved.
- Thin peel of 2 oranges
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ½ cups orange juice
- 6 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 4 ounces blackberry liqueur or brandy
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Canadian Club Whisky
- Block of ice, for punch bowl
- 1 orange, thinly sliced in half moons
In a large mixing bowl, mash orange peel and sugar. Add orange juice and lemon juice and stir until sugar dissolves. Add orange extract, liqueur or brandy, and whisky and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
Take punch out of refrigerator and remove orange peel with a slotted spoon. Place block of ice in a punch bowl and pour punch into bowl. Float orange slices in bowl, or garnish each punch cup with a slice.
Note: Freeze a block of ice in advance for the punch bowl.