- 6 ounces medium egg noodles, dry or fresh
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound bay scallops
- Salt and pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook according to the directions on the packaging. With two minutes are left, add the snow peas. Drain the noodles and snow peas in a colander when done.
Meanwhile, add the butter to a large skillet set over medium heat. When melted, add the ginger and scallions. Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about five minutes. Pour in the wine. When it comes to a simmer, add the scallops and stir well. Cook until the scallops are just cooked through, about two minutes. Turn off the heat.
Add the noodles and bay scallops to the skillet. Toss the noodles until they are well coated in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at once.