- Yield:makes about 2 dozen
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:2 hours 30 minutes (includes chilling dough)
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup currants
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
Beat in 1/2 flour mixture. Beat in second 1/2 just until dough forms. Stir in raisins and currents.
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 1 1/2 inch wide log. Wrap in plastic wrap and let chill in refrigerator for at least 1 1/2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Take dough out of refrigerator and unwrap. Slice logs into 1/4 inch rounds. Place rounds on baking sheets.
Baking cookies until golden, about 12 minutes.