This incredibly easy pie has a soft, custard-like texture and bright lemon flavor.
Note: Totally optional, but this pie is nice garnished with berries.
- Yield:serves 8-10
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:3 hours 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup finely crushed grahm cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 7 egg yolks
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 10 inch deep dish pie dish.
In a small bowl, mix together crumbs and butter until uniformly moist. Press mixture along bottom and sides of pie dish. Bake for 10 minutes, then let cool.
In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks until lightly beaten. Add condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk until combined.
Pour filling into pie crust and bake until just set, about 15 minutes. Let cool then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.