This recipe appears in:PSA: You Have 4 Days Left To Eat Kumquats Dinner Tonight: Kumquat-Rosemary Marmalade with Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces kumquats (about 25), rinsed, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, plus 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
- 6 tablespoons soft goat cheese
In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Add the sliced kumquats, black peppercorns, and rosemary sprig. Stir well, and then simmer until kumquats are starting to become translucent and liquid has reduced to a syrup, 10 to 15 minutes.
When done, turn off the heat and remove the rosemary sprig. Add the chopped rosemary and stir well. Set aside and allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of the goat cheese on top of each slice of toast. Add some of the marmalade and serve.