- For the Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 1 (8-roll) package Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the Bacon-Apple Frosting
- 6 slices bacon, thinly sliced cross-wise
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Cinnamon Roll Waffles: Open package and separate cinnamon rolls. Flatten each dough round with fingers to 1/2-inch thickness.
Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Brush with melted butter. Place one dough round on each waffle grid. Cook on medium-high heat setting until waffle iron beeps and cinnamon roll waffle is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and repeat with remaining butter and dough.
For the Bacon-Apple Frosting: Line large plate with 2 layers paper towels. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to prepared plate.
Transfer all but 2 teaspoons rendered bacon fat to bowl. Add apples, brown sugar, bourbon, and cinnamon to skillet and cook until golden but still crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plate and cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
Beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and salt on low speed until incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until light, about 2 minutes. Add bacon and apples and beat just to combine, about 30 seconds.
To Assemble: Slice waffles in half. Brush cut sides with remaining bacon fat. Cook 8 waffle halves, cut sides down, in now-empty skillet until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining waffle halves.
Spread 8 waffle halves with icing and top with remaining 8 waffle halves. Serve.